What are enzymes ?
Is it alive ?
Where does it come from ?
How does it work ?
An enzyme works like a pair of scissors that cuts organic molecules into water-soluble microparticles. It can cut up to 3 million molecules per second and can work synergistically with other cleaning agents.
What is enzymatic activity?
The activity of enzymes depends on the environment in which they are found.
- Too cold or too acidic, the activity is low.
- Too hot or in an extreme pH, the enzyme deforms and becomes inactive.
- After a number of cut molecules, it is too worn out and also becomes inactive.
Lipase, protease, amylase, … ?
There are as many kinds of enzymes as there are organic molecules. Realco rigorously selects the most efficient enzymes to effectively remove stains present in cooking: fat, protein, starch, etc.
Why are enzyme solutions more effective than traditional chemistry?
Advantages of enzyme-based products
- Better hygiene: In-depth cleaning allows a targeted and controlled disinfection
- Safe for users = Neutral pH, non-irritant
- Extending the working life of equipment and installations = Non-aggressive for the equipment and facilities
- Cost savings = Time saving
- Positive impact on waste water (pre-purification)
- Sustainability = Renewable raw materials (biodegradation > 98%), positive impact on the environment